Wednesday, June 20, 2007

12/08/2005 - Being Lazy is Exhausting

The University is closed again today and so work was cancelled again. This makes me glad I am paid by salary because even though I am sitting in my flannel pajamas, under my fleece quilt surrounded by fluffy curduroy pillows knitting with wool yarn I am still getting paid for the day.

I ate cereal with little freeze-dried marshmallows in it and watched cartoons this morning. I like to sit in the spots on the rug where the sun is shining through the window, and then lean my cheek on the freezing cold glass. Warm feet. Cold cheek. There is something amazingly vivid about the colors of ice melting in the sunlight against a backdrop of golden leaves.

It is amazing to sit still for a while. I haven't felt like this for a long time.

Tonight I pack up to move to Rob's house, so another period of adjustment will ensue. I'm also about to start my new 60 hour work week schedule.

I always talk about how amazing movement is, and potential energy, and disequilibrium, but sometimes god hits the pause button and i'm frozen in place... and I seem to get a taste of what eternity feels like, and it feels like a single moment in time, watching all the other moments go by.

No comments: