Wednesday, June 20, 2007

2003 - Momentum

This was sort of a manifesto I wrote when I was working on the prototype for an installation that involved my writing and photography. It was supposed to be the first thing played as a transition into the rest of the writing.

I want to celebrate the momentum that is my youth, and carry it with me in my pocket until the day I die... like a token of my gratitude for having been born, like a reminder of the life I am being blessed to live.

It drives me like an insane reward at the end of every realization that is too good to be true; and it baptizes me with every smile, every tear, every pain and every joy. Our very existence might be justified by doing nothing more than networking out into the land, into the water and overseas, innervating the earth.... and electrifying it- with a pulse, and a frequency that grows stronger with every Holy Moment we create.

This is the ever-present desire to move that is as impossible to pinpoint as an electron racing around an atom- because I've come to look at it in a manner sort of like that... it is the movement, and the disequilibrium that brings me peace. It is resigning myself to the flow and crooked imbalances that come my way that bring me to Real equilibrium.

Because whereas in many ways life just happens, and is sometimes out of our control, it is the sharing of it, reaffirmation, recharging and reflecting that is a choice- the choice to be part of something bigger. the choice to have an ongoing, growing and maturing relationship with being alive.

No comments: