Wednesday, June 20, 2007

2004 - Timestop

Something happened today... just like something happens every day, but for some reason that is indescribable and at the same time indescribably obvious I will remember this day a little more than most because I was by some saving grace reminded of how it is to be alive-

- and I couldn't really quantify this feeling because it is inconceivable, not only to those who I might attempt to explain it to, but to myself...

How is it to be at a loss for words? Words can't explain... obviously... but if we're lucky, we've all felt it- and it is more exhilarating than any idea, more real than love, and more genuine than any thought that could cross anyone's mind.

Our car broke down deep in the Mojave Desert near the Kelso dunes. We hadn't seen any other humans for hours and hours, and after only a half-hour walk we found someone- and they jump-started our car like angels flown in on Jeep Cherokee wings.

We drove through the desert revitalized by good samaritans, listening to Tom Waits with the windows rolled down, smoking cigarettes and letting the landscape wrap around our minds like a lover we never knew we had the right to know- much less experience in the fullest, most honest love.

The rest is the dream you remember that you wake up from ready to face anything this world has to throw at you. It is the infinite, timeless moment forever that proves that life can be absolutely Perfect, absolutely, really perfect, if only for one second-

time stopped-

- and the earth became our mother, our playground, our friend.... and for a while I wasn't lost, or waiting- but home- and truly complete.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josephine, how I miss thee. I love you so much. I am so lucky to have had you live with me. I cherish you as a person and I thanks God that I got to know you in my lifetime. I LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.