Wednesday, June 20, 2007

2004- L.A. plane musings

You know and I know, that when it hurts like this,
it's just the skin of our souls breaking
making room for us to grow.

the moon is so beautiful way above the atmosphere...
.. it's dancing a bejeweled striptease reserved only for people 35,000 feet above the ground

I'm looking at its reflection on the wing of the airplane
It's the only thing up there I can see and its shining so bright it has to shine twice..

There's a big puffy cloud that is having an electric seizure from what looks like is right beside me. The pilot says its far away, but I still feel like I'm having a chat with the largest fucking lightning bug in the world...

It's like someone up there is turning the lights on and off in god's great big outhouse...

We seem to be creeping up on the sprawl of the city- or rather the city is creeping oblivious-

How could I forget how big it is? I guess I didn't.

But you look at the city from above with its lights stretched across this vast landscape like a cosmic fishing net drawn out to catch this season's swarm of lonely, hungry and lost- and you can't help but feel some sort of awe-

Its as difficult to pinpoint as the original carrier of the clap on sunset strip

I guess I'm home...

Nothing like a little distraction for an Asian Cowgirl with the Blues on her mind. And I probably came to the right place. I think its a whiskey night. Tom Waits tells me to go for it.

Oh my. I think I love L.A. What a grotesque thing it is. It can't be gridded or barred. The mountains keep crashing through what promises to be suburbia- everything was in such a rush to be bigger, beautiful and more outlandish that its all falling apart at the seams, it's all crashing down into a jumble of accidental artwork.

I love it because it refuses me the ability to describe it. I trip over myself so often here that it's as if I've been plunged into a soot filled sea to float along for the ride without resistance, because resistance in a monster like this is inevitable and futile.

Is it good though?

I don't know anymore, but I'm still smiling, and life is still sweet.

No comments: