Thursday, July 12, 2007

10/26/06 - What If Everybody in the Stock Market Meditated?

I just led my first guided meditation to a group this morning.

In a corporate boardroom. Full of suited white men.

And it was AWESOME. They liked it so much, they asked me to do it every morning.

This is why I took this job... I come into work, and I bring conscientiousness to a world that is in desperate need of it... and I enjoy it, and they enjoy it, and everybody wins.

The great thing about it, is spreading this kind of positivity at this level, with men who move $35 million dollars a day, has quite a substantial trickle-down effect.

So really. Everybody wins.

I don't have to sit here and worry about whether I'm making a tangible impact on the world because I come into work and see it on their faces every day... there's a shift in consciousness in the financial world occurring... more people are looking beyond money making and, for example, allowing people like me into the workplace to ground them. Raphael always said, 'macrocosm is contagious'. So why not catch-a-fire in the corporate world.

Anyway I wish you could all feel the way it felt in that boardroom when I said 'Ok. Now whenever you're ready, just open your eyes.'

That was real magic.

Yeah sure, the work is stressful. The training is hardcore, and I work in a cubicle. But as I grow older I have learned that life on it's surface level has an intricate layer of complex motivations beneath it, and in general, those motivations are good. And when motivations are good, there's nothing I can't handle.

I can look at it one way and think, "My 16-year-old self swore on god's green earth she would never work in a cubicle, and I've failed her."

Or, I could think "My 16-year-old self never could have known what kind of person she'd grow into, how complex this life can actually be, and the kind of good she could do in an environment where she is the exception to the rule."

My mom asked me how I was dealing with my cubicle anxiety. I told her, "You know, I'm so busy I'm rarely in it, and then I am, I am so engaged in my work that I barely know I'm there."

Conscious-minds-connecting know no boundaries. Even cubicle ones.

No comments: