Thursday, July 12, 2007

2/23/07 - "I Know It's a Slang Word for Vagina.... Twice..."

this is going to be one of those blogs that isn't very well written, but I just need to take some mental notes.

the past few weeks have been such a rollercoaster ride. part of me is still suffering from the loss of my job and the situation I am still currently enduring with regard to my old boss, who is still calling and e-mailing me. it stresses me out so much and makes me really uncomfortable and nervous.

i'm trying so hard not to bring lawyers into it but I really am at the end of my line. All I want is to be left alone and for this to be over.

when I don't think of that terrible mess and take a look at my new life, it really is quite beautiful. It's a great opportunity, I live in a city I really love, and I love my roommate and my apartment. I just started working at Espresso Royale, the coffee shop down the street from my apartment and I love my co-workers and the hectic environment and the music and the hard work.

I don't mind that I don't get paid much. I love what I'm doing, going through the whole thought process of "I have two college degrees, why am I making lattes?"

I'm glad for the experience of it and no doubt I will learn a lot through internal musings and just living it.

I just met someone who is really _______ (I don't have a word for it) and I know I haven't been writing about it, but I don't think anything tangible will come out of my mouth except gushing because it's all coming from somewhere other than the mind.

This part of things is really what's making me fly all over the place and upside down these days. No point to be made except I feel blessed in all sorts of ways (so many) and sometimes you've just gotta say so.

I just had one of the best nights of my life last night. Rachel suggested we go to dinner at the restaurant she works at, Cuchi Cuchi and it was spectacular; so cozy, the decor was gorgeous as were all the workers in their vintage Hollywood attire. The food.... wow. I swooned over possibly the best oysters I will ever have in my life. Everything about it was beautiful, the way it looked, and tasted, the ambience, my roommate bustling around with a beautiful silver water pot, pouring it into people's cups like she were a goddess.

At the end of the night Rachel had these amazing truffles sent to our table. Amanda, you would have cried. Everything we ate just had so much attention to flavor combinations and textures and presentation. The chinese-spiced truffle made me want to cry from how interesting it tasted. We still have three left: Jamaican curry, goat cheese and burnt caramel. I can't wait to eat those bietches.

I'm so excited to hear music and to dance and to meet good people. Ali has been my Boston angel for so many reasons, giving me her apartment, introducing me to people and dragging me out to parties and introducing me to wonderful people, who then introduce me to even more wonderful people...

... I can't wait to get to know them...

No comments: