Thursday, July 12, 2007

3/27/07 - you Know How You Know You Stepped on Glass?

because it fucking hurts, clearly.

I haven't been too good about blogging with frequency but hey, it comes and goes.

Still waiting on the turntables- (c'mon, Bjoooooorn) and Shannon is hooking me up with the Stanton mixer that he learned to play on... Nick's loaning me speakers and headphones until the time is proper to buy my own... and then we're set. I am quiet with anticipation.

Usually if I haven't gotten around to writing it's because I'm pretty satisfied in general at the moment- I really love my job at ERC and all my co-workers but I'm feeling like it's about time to get a real job- since I decided to spend my travelling money on DJ equipment I've got to 'fess up to the fact that I'm not going anywhere for a while so I may as well find a job that pays better and with health insurance...

... and I'm glad I still have health insurance until May because I've been to the emergency room twice in two weeks; once for the stomach flu and once yesterday to get the biggest fucking shard of glass removed from my foot... a five-hour wait later I'm well on my way to foot relief- still limping but I managed an 8 hour shift on my feet at the coffee shop so things should be fine.

Not much to say except I'm pretty content and confident with the way things are going... my schedule is pleasantly full of fun things to do, my relationship, while still terrifying to me (as relationships should be), is going well, and I'm making (good) friends quickly. I love it.

Creativity-wise, it's all about DJing. This is the quiet before the storm. More later.

No comments: