Wednesday, July 11, 2007

9/15/06 - What Dreams May Come

There's a lot to look forward to, these days.

There's also a hell of a lot to look back on, and fondly.

I don't know if I've ever been so unafraid of change! It's so liberating.

Monday around noon I leave for L.A. and I get there at 8:45pm. I'll be 'hitting the ground running', is what I called it, because by some strange coincidence my best friend Carl happens to be arriving in L.A. from Minneapolis at 9pm that same night. We haven't seen each other in over a year. Bjorn, my geisha angel is picking me up. Maybe we'll have ramen again? It'll be a tradition.

EdIT and the Glitch Mob are playing at the Temple Bar in Santa Monica the night I get there (delightful coincidence). They were by far my favorite DJs at Burning Man. Holy Moly. And Carl offered to buy me a drink, even.

Kate gets into L.A. from SF on the 19th, and we'll all have a big fat reunion (and perhaps a roller derby party at Winston's). I have plans for a trampoline-themed birthday party for Corey on the 20th. I'm planning on seeing everybody while jumping in all directions, and fast.

I fly out to Texas on the 23rd. Then I'll have a week and a half to sell my car, pack my things, read a book for my job, name my price (my salary is still being negotiated but I think realistically it'll be around $45K minimum, which is fine with me and still twice what I was making as a research assistant) and see my friends and family. Expect gee-tar twanging, whiskey-drinking and rabble-rousing, my pretties.

Second week of October, I settle into my new place. Randomly found a beautiful cottage online with a woman from Maui, who has a kitty, a garden, a porch, and other such pleasantries that I've been perfectly dreaming of. All conveniently located in Braintree, MA... the same place as my employment, and a train ride away from the city.

And who knows what's in store for me. My wildest dreams imagined, and only because I imagined them.

Loose plans:

Halloween in NYC with Amanda... a roadtrip down to CT to see the leaves changing and other such northeastern indulgences.

Philippines during Christmas time. I know that my grandfather found out he couldn't come to the U.S. this year. Perhaps I can come keep him company!

New Year's secret mission with Amanda. Sshh. It's a secret (and it's in the jungle).

March, Carl comes out to Boston for his birthday, my treat. Yessssss.

April, myself and the other tantra students (Erin, Amanda, Willem, and Nick) reunite to attend Tracy and Justin's wedding in Louisiana- a week long Cajun-style celebration.... hoyl moly.

And of course, next year's Burning Man. I'm totally going with my boss.

No comments: