Wednesday, July 11, 2007

8/25/06 - I Guess It's Time.

It looks like my life is entering into another period of transition. How has my perception of change been altered by this experience? It used to be so hard... and not that the difficulty has changed... but there is a lightness to the uncertainty of it- a lack of worry replaced by anticipation for what is next to come.

I knew that the time was fast approaching for me to leave this place. I was telling Nick (Maui Nick) that leaving paradise might be the most difficult thing I will ever have to do. But I do it with joy, and anticipation (the good kind).

Amanda left Kahua today, had had enough of Kutira and had atuned herself to the changing tides, read the signs, and let go of the rope to resign to free fall. The lady who picked us up in her Jeep hitchhiking today reminded us that yesterday was the New Moon, the symbol of change, the working out of details- and the best time to dive headfirst into the unknown, no matter what.

What is going to happen next? The wind was still on Maui today. Running around in the studio helping Raphael clean up, the sweat dripped from my forehead like water falling from the cliffs of this island. The mosquitos were having a field day. Was there no relief?

The tantra retreat was pure magic. I felt like I came into myself, and I really believe that we all did, in one way or another. All of it came to a climax at the wedding of Gurudeva and Joy yesterday, with the sun setting in the background. I was the flower girl, spreading plumerias (precious) at the feet of the bride, who was dressed in the richest hue of red. Liliquoy cheesecake... champagne... love... it was perfect.

It felt strange to return to the normal schedule of meeting at 10am to do the work on the land that we were assigned to do for the day. Why was the air so still? It was like the calm before the storm. Unease was hanging in atmosphere, we were breathing it, shallow breaths, eyes to the ground. Kutira asked me when I was leaving and I said in one week.

One week left in Maui. One week left in Maui. I repeat it to myself because I have to believe it. It was so hot today. I couldn't think. Amanda and I hitchhiked into Pa'ia to be near our sweet ocean, to find some clarity. There, we ran into Klaus and Regina from the retreat and they invited us to dinner at the Fish Market (we meet with them in about an hour, I am at the internet cafe, we no longer have internet).

Walking around, we run into Gabriel, our most magical DJ and he beckons to Amanda and I and says, "I've been thinking of you to a lot lately for some reason and I have a strong feeling you should both come to Burning Man with me, and so I'm buying both of you round trip plane tickets, so that we can all go together."

This was about fifteen minutes ago, at the gas station next door. Well well. What do I say? A plane ticket to L.A.

Burning Man. For free. Gabriel looked at the both of us and said, "It's clear that you are both a unit, so you should both come." Fate is pushing Amanda and I together. We are a duo to be reckoned with. Instead of drawing energy from each other, we build new energy. I read something about it in a book once.

So what next? We leave this Monday. If I were to return, I would come back ten days later. Am I ready to leave Maui in three days? It's all happening so fast. And it's all so much fun. I feel like my head is about to explode. Mainland, full force, here I come.

No comments: