Wednesday, July 11, 2007

8/18/06 - I Fall Over Horizontal Now.

Here is a story of how somehow I learned that if you can imagine something, you can make it a reality. Here at the school, they call it 'manifesting'. I'm kind of... I dunno. What the fuck. I think I might be the luckiest girl in the world. Luck isn't even the right word. But what am I going to call it, 'magic'? Whatever. Words are just words.

I got a package in the mail today from my mom- a shiny red box, to be exact. Inside it was a white skirt (a present from an aunt), two bottles of Gummy Vitamins (thanks Mom I love you), another present from another aunt, and my mail.

Just FYI, I have less than $20 in my bank account right now. That's right, all the money I have in the world doesn't amount to a $20 bill. Granted, I'm also the happiest and most carefree I've ever been. Money doesn't mean a whole lot when you've got fruit growing on the vines everywhere, you work at the place you live, hitchhiking is legal and you live in paradise.

As far as getting back to the mainland was concerned, I was planning for about two weeks from now. While I had no money, I just felt confident that money would come to me somehow... that it would just figure itself out. No point stressing about it, right?

Well back to the shiny red box. Inside it was a check from my old job- for $800. I don't really know what that's for.... but.... now I have my ticket back to L.A., then to Texas and Boston, not to mention some PartAY money for the pit-stops in between. Oh, and I have a decent pension which I may cash when necessary of around $1000. When I get back, I plan on selling my beloved (but broken) Charlie VW for another $2000.

So I needed money? Well there you have it. Lucky lucky lucky. (Magic magic magic)

FurtherMore... I had been in debt and my credit in jeopardy for some time now for forgetting that I had to pay for car insurance. (I may be the MOST terrible with money out of anyone I have ever met... and I have seriously just been hired into a financial advisement firm in Boston...ha. ha. ha. But no, really. I'm serious.) I haven't really had the kind of spare money to pay it.... and to be honest, I just don't give a shit about my credit.

Fortunately, I also received a letter from the Florida Supreme Court in the mail saying that Progressive had been sued and the settlement involved all people under a certain "class" (which the letter said included me) and that I was eligible for benefits, and all credit reports wiped clean. I don't really understand... but apparently I submit a claim and that's that. No more debt.

So now I am debt-free (as far as Progressive is concerned) and have enough money to get home. Lucky Lucky Lucky.

Things are going so well (in general) that I'm starting to frighten myself. No really, I fear the backlash. No one should be this lucky (magic), right? *faint*

No comments: