Thursday, July 12, 2007

5/4/07 - Loch ness Monster, You're the Greatest!

I am very sick.

Poor Nick's car is totalled.

I'm in Texas.

My brother is moving into a house in the suburbs and becoming a high school calculus teacher.

My severence pay is about to run out tomorrow. AND my health insurance.

I need to find a new job.

My consciousness seems to have found itself suspended after swimming at the bottom of a bowl of gelatin for too long. My head feels cloudy, somebody eat me out.

That came out wrong. But you know what I mean.

The good news: Still 37 pounds lighter than my highest weight and maintaining an average of 25 pounds under my average weight for most of my adolescent and adult life. Why do I care? Because I've been watching TV all day.

The good news: I'm totally in love. There, I said it. And I mean it, whether or not that is a stupid thing to say. What prompted this? Well, two things: matter of fact and watching television.

The good news: There is a brighter side to all of those things that seem bad, and something to be learned from all of those things that seem confusing. And, if all there is to be learned is that life is neither good nor bad but just full of confusion- well, at least that's interesting.

I have a light blue kleenex stuffed up my left nostril. That's hot.

It's hot in my mom's house. Which isn't very cool.

I might have a fever. Or: I might have taken too much cold medicine today.

Either way.. things are a little crazy these days. I am excited about the new sets of opportunities that will present themselves when the dust settles. It's frustrating when something that should be there but isn't, or something that's going away isn't coming back, or when things will never be the way they were before.

But I guess, when something isn't there anymore, there's always another thing in its place, and it's never really nothing. Even if it looks and feels like it.

This is an optimistic way of saying I have a headache.

No comments: