Thursday, July 12, 2007

1/13/07 - You Want to Move It Move It?

Something about this room and this house really vortexes me in and won't spit me out. I really like my room here. I think I like it a little too much.

Tomorrow at noon I'm moving into a new apartment. Ted and Nick are coming by in their truck-o-rama to pick me and my stuff up and deposit them into back bay, boston massachusetts. Into my new apartment and my new life.

The thing about Randolph is that it's terribly comfortable. Living in this house feels a lot like living at home in high school. I keep to myself and nobody bothers me except for the occasional reprimand for smoking in my room. Tomorrow I'm going to bump myself out of my comfort zone of solitude and into the city, where people my age roam free and might even try to talk to me.

In the past year I've gotten used to (and quite like) spending a lot of time by myself. Unfortunately when you move into a new city where you don't know anyone this makes it difficult the few times I actually do feel like spending time with people. Things, as always, are about to change- and for the better. As always.

It's funny. I definitely can't think of anything to write about but I thought I would try anyway. I think it has something to do with avoiding packing, which I haven't even begun to do in spite of the fact that I'm moving in 16 hours.

Carl is coming to visit me here in Boston on February 9th, and I can't wait to finally spend some one on one time with my dear best friend. It's been so nice that Rob and Amanda and Carl will have all come to visit me within a span of a few months of my being here, and that I've gotten to spend time with Alexia in New York and Leslie in Maine. I think they sense that I might forget how to interact with people otherwise. Oh dear.

It's lovely to have made such good friends in college though. A real blessing. Speaking of which, almost two years out of school? Un-fucking-believable. Where did the time go. I won't even pretend to recite all the madness that has transpired since then. It'll just keep rolling rolling from now on anyway until I find myself on the moon laughing in self-amusement.

And so on. I blessed a beautiful rock of malachite for Oleg and gave it to him for christmas or hannukah or whatever and told him it would make him remember his dreams really well. He told me it worked. I also gave him Steppenwolf by Herman Hesse about five minutes after I finished reading it. I felt like it was relevent.

Things are on the up and I daydream about Japan, which is dangerous. I shouldn't mistake past love for present love anymore.

Come fall of this year two of my three ex-boyfriends, John and Chris, will be moving to Boston for completely unrelated reasons, which I think is quite strange. Kate thought it was fate that Chris is doing his PhD at MIT and it just so happens I live here now. But what does it mean when it also just so happens that John is finishing up his schooling at Emerson at the same time?

I think it means two ex-boyfriends suddenly living in the same city as you. It's like a big, strange synchronous reunion. I laugh about it because it's like I tried to run away from my past, and my plans got ridiculously botched. Now all I need is for nick grim to move out here to make it hilarious beyond belief. Ha ha.

Anyway. Enough procrastination. Time to send myself packing toward the future.

No comments: